Pronouns Exercise (182)
Choose the personal pronoun or possessive adjective that best fits the blanks in the following sentences.
Answers and Explanations
1. Denton and I have been close friends for many years.
The pronoun is part of the subject and therefore requires the subject form "I."
2. Did you see Marilyn and her at church?
"Marilyn and her" is the direct object of the verb "did see." The pronoun she is a subject form.
3. Between you and me, this new principal cannot be trusted.
"You and me" is the object of the preposition between; I is subject form.
4. We know that we can count on Barbara, Adam, and her.
"Barbara, Adam, and her" is the object of the preposition on. Prepositions must be followed by the object form of a pronoun.
5. To Jorge and her, the movie seemed very silly.
"Jorge and her" is the object of the preposition to. Her is an object form.