Spelling Test Exercise (175)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. Everyone on the antiterrorism committee tried to persuade our colleague that arming instructors was not a practical solution.
2. This winter we have booked a Caribbean cruise on a Norwegian ship.
3. In planning the annual Chiropractic Conference in Hialeah, Florida, we have run into the dilemma of scheduling meetings on the opening day of the races or moving the date.
4. My Uncle Aloysius is truly avuncular in most of his dealings with me, but after an initial interval of pleasant conversation, our talks inevitably plunge into an argument about something or other.
5. Perhaps one reason their son turned out so badly is that everyone in the family predicted that he would disappoint his father by not wanting to follow in his footsteps as an aviator.