Spelling Test Exercise (169)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. The commander had indeed fought courageously, losing a large number of brave men, in order to snatch that vital foothold from the enemy.
2. Philip loved the adventure of exploring foreign ports and felt ecstatic about the opportunity to sail to Sicily.
3. Our Ambassador carried out the President’s idea with brilliant negotiations while his counterpart failed miserably to clarify his position.
4. I cautioned Frank not to exaggerate his importance in his interview, but he hyperbolized his experience and background anyway.
5. What one hopes to accomplish is to supersede all expectations.