Spelling Test Exercise (157)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. Even deeply felt love on both sides is no guarantee against jealousy in one or both partners.
2. When the flying monkeys realized that the witch was really truly, most sincerely dead, they thanked Dorothy for having benefited them.
3. The politician rose to a prominent position, not at all handicapped by his unusual pronunciation of English words.
4. Because the whirlpool was not immediately noticeable, several swimmers drowned before the authorities acted.
5. The earliest you can have surgery is in February; we can only hope the delay won’t aggravate your condition.