Irregular Verbs Exercise (146)
Choose the verb form that best fits the blanks in the following sentences.
Answers and Explanations
1. She had known since September that I wanted to host the family on Christmas Eve.
Principal parts to memorize: know, knew, (have) known.
2. Do you know who brought the potato salad?
Principal parts to memorize: bring, brought, (have) brought.
3. Did you see which of the children broke this lamp?
Principal parts of to break: break, broke, (have) broken.
4. When Cinderella looked down, she saw she’d torn her hem.
Principal parts of to tear: tear, tore, (have) torn.
5. If you hadn’t slept so long, you would have written that letter by now.
Principal parts of to know: write, wrote, (have) written.