Spelling Test Exercise (145)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. Marrying the Earl of Grantham’s daughter was quite an achievement for a chauffeur.
2. The couple wandered about the village seeking overnight accommodations, but none of the inns had vacancies.
3. I’m basically a simple person but I do have a few idiosyncrasies.
4. He looked like a Neanderthal, but appearances were deceiving; he understood the gist of the problem before anyone else.
5. It embarrasses me to say so, but I have never been able to change a fluorescent bulb.