Spelling Test Exercise (127)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. In Lake Woebegone, all the women are strong, all the children are above average, and all the men are good-looking.
2. It’s too bad that a lovely word like ecstasy has become associated with an addictive drug.
3. Many English teachers admit they don’t like to teach grammar because students always groan when it’s mentioned.
4. All the men in our family have February birthdays; all the women were born in August.
5. Please make the check out for forty dollars even.