Spelling Test Exercise (121)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. Mr. Johnson walked through the neighborhood, looking for the small green house with black shutters, but none in that vicinity matched the description.
2. Although Stella was known for her debonair and genteel appearance, today she looked positively disheveled.
3. The newspaper refused to print anonymous articles and letters.
4. When the coach of King Henry IV of France was stopped by traffic congestion, Ravaillac assassinated him, stabbing him between the second and third ribs.
5. When a beggar approached our tourist bus with his cup held out, the guide motioned for him to move along.