50 Open Source Resources for Writers
Why pay for Word processors, image editing software and other tools when there are solid open source alternatives around? The guys from Job Profiles just compiled in fact a big list with 50 open source resources for writers. Below you will find my favorite ones:
- Open Office (office suite; forget Microsoft)
- NotePad++ (best notepad around, especially for editing HTML and other codes)
- AbiWord (very light word processor)
- JaLingo (desktop dictionary)
- Ever Note (organize your chapters and essays)
- Sonar (track your publishing contacts)
- PDF Creator (word as good as the Adobe software)
- Prompt (change your prompt to get inspired)
- GIMP (alternative to Photoshop)
- WordPress (if you need a website, go with WordPress)
Want to improve your English in five minutes a day? Get a subscription and start receiving our writing tips and exercises daily!
Keep learning! Browse the Writing Basics category, check our popular posts, or choose a related post below:
Stop making those embarrassing mistakes! Subscribe to Daily Writing Tips today!
- You will improve your English in only 5 minutes per day, guaranteed!
- Subscribers get access to our archives with 800+ interactive exercises!
- You'll also get three bonus ebooks completely free!