The Best of Daily Writing Tips in 2011
First of all happy new year to all the Daily Writing Tips readers! Rest assured we’ll keep sending you our best writing tips in 2012.
Below you’ll find a compilation of the most visited posts we published in 2011. Make sure you haven’t missed any!
- 100 Mostly Small But Expressive Interjections
- 7 Grammatical Errors That Aren’t
- 100 Beautiful and Ugly Words
- 10 Latin Abbreviations You Might Be Using Incorrectly
- 100 Whimsical Words
- Should You Self-Publish?
- 50 Problem Words and Phrases
- 20 Classic Novels You Can Read in One Sitting
- Who Cares About “Whom” Anymore?
- How Spelling Diverges Between American and British English
- 10 Words That Don’t Mean What You May Think They Do
- 10 Comma Cases in Which More Is More
- 10 Pairs of Similar-Looking Near Antonyms
- 150 Foreign Expressions to Inspire You
- Is “They” Acceptable as a Singular Pronoun?
- 50 Redundant Phrases to Avoid
- 10 Intensifiers You Should Really, Absolutely Avoid
- The Other N-Words
- 7 Editing Pet Peeves
- 8 Steps to More Concise Writing
Want to improve your English in five minutes a day? Get a subscription and start receiving our writing tips and exercises daily!
Keep learning! Browse the General category, check our popular posts, or choose a related post below:
- 7 Types of Narrative Conflict
- 20 Words Meaning "Being or Existing in the Past"
- Using "zeitgeist" Coherently
Stop making those embarrassing mistakes! Subscribe to Daily Writing Tips today!
- You will improve your English in only 5 minutes per day, guaranteed!
- Subscribers get access to our archives with 800+ interactive exercises!
- You'll also get three bonus ebooks completely free!