+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Use of Particular and Special

Question Use of Particular and Special

In works contract documents, why is it usually mentioned as "particular specification" and "special condition", is it exchangeable for "particular" and "special" in this case?

Although I don't know your industry and don't usually read contract documents, "particular" and "special" do not usually mean quite the same thing. If those phases are the norm in what you read, I would follow suit.

If you want to discuss it further, it might be helpful if you could give examples of whole sentences containing those phrases, so we can see them in context.

Quote Originally Posted by ball9199 View Post
    In works contract documents, why is it usually mentioned as "particular specification" and "special condition", is it exchangeable for "particular" and "special" in this case?
    As far as I know, "particular" means that it is referring to something specific or deatailed. "Special" means that something is unusual in the sense that it goes against normal conditions.

I hope this helps. If you could provide an example of what you're confused about in context, someone might be able to better answer your question.

Ella

+ Reply to Thread